Sunday, December 18, 2005

Back to Writing

Starting to Write Again

Its hard to retrieve the writing mojo.

I am trying to type more today ...

It all went so easy during the month of November for NanoWriMo.... I was really enjoying my characters too... There was also a lot of therapy involved in No Filter ...

I am curious to go back through it ... there are a lot of scenes that I need to go back and add too ... Especially the ones of the naughtier variety ... I suppose there is something to be said for less is more sometimes...

Chris Beaty the author and creator of Nano recommends 2 weeks to a month before editing the book. I must say that is a big stop-off in writing.

I would almost recommend typing on other projects.

But going from 200 mph to 0 just feels weird.

On to some movies I saw recently.

I saw some interesting movies recently ... Murderball ****, Solaris *** and the surprisingly good SavingFace ****1/4.

Murderball is about wheelchair rugby or "murderball," which is a kind of smear the queer on wheels where the goal is to get the ball with your chair across the endline, and hit everything along the way. This is a lot of fun and has great special features, including the player commentary and the Jackass episode.

"Solaris" was very interesting and very slow. It was gorgeously shot by Soderbergh, but I am not sure I understand it. Nevertheless I liked it, it was good while I was reading stuff online ... Not one of Soderbergh's best but quite good ... ***

The best one of the week was Saving Face ****1/4 ... This one surprised me... It was a romantic comedy involving two lesbian chinese woman finding love in the repressive Chinese society of Flushing, Queens. It also involves a lot about mothers and daughters and what represents "ideal" society for the Chinese. This one was really good ... It surprised me how much I liked it.

It also sucks to be poor at christmas time. I am not subbing nearly enough, and have limited funds for Christmas.

I am officially bankrupt now too, I filed Ch. 7 bankruptcy on last Friday and met the judge. It was amazing how fast the preceding went. I was the second person in line and I was done in 5 minutes.

It was much harder to drive my car through the snow on December 10th. A rear-wheel drive 84 Mercedes 300D, doesn't always do so well in the snow. I was slipping and sliding everywhere, I also just got to court right at 9 am... The 15 minute trip to Portland took a good 40-45 minutes.

I also need to see some movies. King Kong looks ridicously awesome. Syriana very interesting, if convulted, Walk the Line looks great, and I have seen all the rest of the Potter movies. I think the movie of the week will be Rent.

Hopefully can see King Kong with the parents .... Off to Allentown, PA on Saturday to see my parents and have my wife visit their new house.

The kitty will miss us. This will also be Lanna's first christmas not with her brother.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Good Solstice.

Edmund Davis-Quinn

No comments: