Thursday, December 01, 2005

Wow its December

Well I guess NanoWriMo is over ...

I really enjoyed the writing and accomplished so much ... 56,500 words ... And probably somemore to come filling in scenes and such ...

Went out with some of the NanoMainers last night, the internet was not there as promised, so my wife headed home to finish the last 3,000 words of her book.. and Edmund here couldn't listen to the Rutgers-Temple game... (Rutgers won)

So I said bye and she called me about 10:35 .. she had reached 49,000 words and her computer refused to work .. so I had to get back and give her my laptop, which I was tempted to give her at the Great Lost Bear before ....

So I got back around 11:00 and Lanna typed furiously ... she got to 50,000 words on Word (50,111 on Nano) and submitted her wordcount at 11:53 pm. She was a winner only 7 minutes from the deadline .....

It was unbelievable .... So we both won ... I had a nice start with very steady writing ... My wife was only around 24,500 words on Saturday Afternoon, did 7,000 on Saturday and just kept pushing through Wednesday... If you want to read her blog its... http://jesterfest.blogspot.com

edmund davis-quinn
Novelist ..

I am also posting something I posted earlier in the Nano-Maine blog ... http://nanomaine.blogspot.com .... I do wish I could cut and paste and blogger and keep the returns ...

Its all over!

What an adventure!
What awesome people us Maine writers are...
And so many winners ...We had 1,829,641 words as a state!!! .. Which is #34 of all regions in Nano!!! ... Great job ...Me and my wife also got 50,000 words as did Kendra, WriAnimator .....

We beat Sweden and Philadelphia .. and missed beating Oklahoma by only 12,000 words ...

Here at the Maheux/Davis-Quinn house, we were both winners ...I ended up with 56,695 words and Lanna had 50,100 ....Lanna wanted to make sure she had as much drama as possible ... She had under 25,000 words at 2 pm Saturday ...

Since then she has been on a tear with 7,000 on Saturday and 4,000 or more every other day .... She had only 1,000 words left around 10:30 and then her computer refused to work ...

I unfortunately was at the Great Lost Bear and had to run back and give her a computer ....She got to 50,000 on her book from Microsoft Word wordcounter by writing the very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very end ....I am so proud of her .. .She was officially a winner at 11:53 pm ... just 7 minutes before the deadline ..

Lanna Maheux-Quinn rocks ..

So there are 50 Winners in Maine!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!! ...

50 of us passed 50,000 words out of 207 in the state . .Give yourself all a hand!!

Well I will see you all tomorrow at the Village Cafe in Portland ..... Village Cafe is on Newbury St. in Portland. ... The thank god its over party starts at 5:30...

It was also great to meet some more of you at the Great Lost Bear! .... That is one of the great beer bars in the country #4 in America according to beeradvocate.com
And Maine is #1 in the country in cool writers.
edmund davis-quinn
Novelist

I know it repeats some stuff .. I am just so proud of the NanoMainers!

p.s. I also post at http://edmundcquinn.blogspot.com
and my beer blog ... http://mainebeerguy.blogspot.com

cheers!

No comments: